Trainee Countryside Ranger
Salary : £21,674 per annum
Contract : Full Time, Permanent
Hours : 40 hours per week (8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday)
Annual Leave is 25 days per annum + bank holidays
Working for a nationally award winning social enterprise and charity you will be trained in the use all the tools you will need to become a countryside ranger; a varied and challenging role which perfectly suits someone looking to start a career working outdoors. From tree planting to maintaining countryside walks, if you love nature and want to make a difference in the environment this role is exactly what you're looking for.
Hill Holt Wood is a nationally recognised and award-winning Environmental Social Enterprise. It currently employs 40 full and part time rangers and is engaged in a wide range of activities including the education of young people, extensive forestry operations, contracts with the local council, eco-construction, and events and hire. It has enjoyed considerable success over the last 20 years and continues to build on its strong position focusing on sustainability, environmentalism, conservation and social awareness.
· Some experience working with power tools such as hedge trimmers, strimmers and hand tools – training will be provided
· Be able to partially identify wildlife species and use this information to complete woodland surveys and bio-diversity reports
· Be able to manage a continual workload to achieve project targets.
· Have a keen eye for detail and good communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Full driving licence essential.
This post requires an enhanced DBS check.
Hill Holt Wood is an equal opportunity employer.
We cannot accept CV's for this application. To apply you must complete an application form. For an application form please download the form below and email this to:
To help us manage your application please use 2023TCR(YOURNAME) as the email subject.