Working for Hill Holt Wood is equally challenging and rewarding, so we pick our Rangers carefully. Each Ranger role is unique so take a look at the job descriptions below and download the application form from the bottom of the page to apply. Everyone who works for us gets the Ranger title, how does that sound? In addition we offer a ‘Five Year Award’ to Rangers who really sink roots into the woodland; a unique flexible reward inspired by the ranger themselves.
We are recruiting!
Head of Finance HILL HOLT WOOD
Part time vacancy, 24 hrs per week, permanent, flexible days to be agreed.
Salary £25,887 – £27,612 (pro rata) depending on skills and experience. This is a Senior Management Position.
Hill Holt Wood is a nationally recognised, multi award-winning and well established Environmental Social Enterprise, working to prove the value of ancient woodland in the 21st Century. It currently employs 40 full and part time Rangers and is engaged in a wide range of activities which include the education of disadvantaged young people, promotion of health and wellbeing, conservation, forestry operations, design and build services and significant events and hire, including Weddings, Corporate entertaining and landmark birthday celebrations. It has enjoyed considerable success over the last 15 years and continues to build on its strong position focussing on sustainability, environmentalism, conservation and social awareness.
To become part of our team, we are looking for someone with the skills and experience to manage the Finance aspect of Hill Holt Wood and its subsidiaries.
Duties to include:
- Production of weekly and monthly management reports for the SMT and Board
- Produce year end accounts for each Company and liaise with external Auditors during the Audit process
- Manage book-keeping assistant to ensure invoices and receipts are processed in a timely manner, banks are reconciled, nominal ledgers correct etc
- Completion and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Producing salary information, complete pension returns and other payroll reports
- Maintaining Companies House and Charity Commission records as required and submitting Charity return
- Producing budgets and cash flow forecasts as required
- Completion of grant funded reports
- Complete relevant paperwork for Induction of new starters
- Hold annual appraisals for relevant staff members
- Attend external meetings as required
This is a diverse position and the right candidate will be expected to help other members of the Senior Management Team as required.
Key Skills required:
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills
- Preferably AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting software
- Highly proficient in IT and good use of Microsoft packages.
Full driving licence is essential
The successful applicant must also be able to set their own targets and work on their own initiative.
As Hill Holt Wood is an Education Provision Safeguarding Training will have to be completed upon commencement of position
This post requires an enhanced DBS check
Hill Holt Wood is an equal opportunity employer
Please complete and email to email@example.com